Sunday, December 4, 2011

Jumping onto the Joyful Choo Choo

Today I found myself dreaming and wishing things and going to dangerous places during my dreaming. It's Christmastime, and I have seen events that I want to go to, activities that I want to participate in, concerts I want to see, etc that really are not much fun alone. I've seen couples shopping together hand in hand, happy hokey Hallmark romance movies, and fine jewelers advertising the "perfect gift to show her you love her." Today, I passed a billboard advertising one such event and thought,"If only I had a man, my Christmas season would be more perfect." About 30 seconds later as I continued to feel sorry for myself, it hit me that my thought was a lie--a big fat, dangerous, break-me-down, ruin-my-Christmas, kind of lie. God has me single for a reason. HE wants me. HE has ways for me to serve Him NOW while I'm single that a relationship might hinder. HE is ALL I NEED to fulfill me. JESUS is the reason for the season.Why don't I just take a breath, say a prayer, and thank Him for coming to earth just so that He could bridge the gap sin had caused and be Emmanuel, God with us. I have a fantastic family, I have wonderful friends, I have a job, I get paid to go to school, and I'm blessed. I have nothing to complain about this Christmas season and everything to be thankful for. So, I'm getting off the Complain Train and jumping onto the Joyful Choo Choo. Is anybody with me?

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

-Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment