Last week I was allowed to go to Colorado to audition for a graduate program at Colorado State University in Fort Collins. When I flew into Denver, it was a beautiful 60-something degree day. The mountains were majestic and obvious to my left as I drove North towards Loveland, where I would be staying. As I drove, I thought, "Wow! I'll ALWAYS know what direction West is out here. The mountains are wonderful."
Well, while I was there, the weather changed drastically. It went from sunny and warm to snowy and cold. After my auditions, as I drove back down South towards Denver, I could not see the mountains. Did it mean the mountains weren't there? No. The storm was blocking them from my sight, but I knew they were there to my right side because I remembered where they were before when I was going North, and I was following signs that morning showing me which way was South.
As I continued driving and praying, God began to use the mountains to remind me of Himself. See, in this story, God is like the mountains. When I look towards Him, I always know what direction I'm going. He is always the same. Like the mountains, He never changes.
Sometimes, storms make it difficult to see God. Does that mean He's not there? No. It just means that I have to continue in faith as I go in the direction He sent me on, trusting that He's right where He always has been.
Even at my young age, I've had hard times and I've had good times in my walk with Christ. Sometimes, faith means we simply trust God is there because He says He is and we remember knowing Him closely. Other times, faith becomes sight as we clearly see God and how He has worked in our storms.
Personally, for me, I'm beginning to see how God has used opportunities in my life to prepare me for the journey He has me on
. In the moments I was living them, I had little idea what He was doing, but now, it's all becoming clear, and for that, I give Him glory.
-Kristy
No comments:
Post a Comment