Thursday, February 14, 2013

Beautiful Tears

Here is a post I started around November that I never "finished." It's crying to be shared (pun intended):

Tears reflect my humanity. They are a physical proof that this world is imperfect, painful, and difficult. Crying shows me that I'm human and that I'm not immune to being hurt. Crying proves my need for Christ, the great Healer.

A lot of difficult things (some unmentionable) have happened in my life lately. Whether good or bad, they're difficult and painful, yet somehow I'd emotionally blocked myself to the reality of the pain. Finally, last week, the tears came flowing. Actually, flowing is too pretty a word to describe what they were like. They were jerking, raw, sobs, that seemingly yanked out and washed away the sorrow. They were filled with questions, then with praise. Though ugly, the tears had a beauty to them. I'm going to be okay. God has me. I need Him and He's here.


No comments:

Post a Comment