Saturday, January 28, 2012

Grace in a Golf Cart

Last week, I had a battle with Bursitis in my right knee. It is a sharp pain caused when the fluid filled sacks that make the motion between your tendons and your bone fluid become inflamed. I was limping EVERYWHERE, and the more I walked, the worse it hurt. Well, the Baptist Collegiate Ministries (BCM) at school always has Free Food Friday which is a weekly free lunch for starving college students.

The problem for me was that the BCM is all the way across campus from the music building where all my classes are. I was hungry, had a class break, and wanted to see all my friends, so I went limp, limp, limping all the way across campus. I made it and had a wonderful lunch. However, about halfway back across campus, I didn't think I was going to make it. So, I quietly prayed, "God. Please get me to class!" Not a minute later, I looked up and saw 2 friends in a school golf cart. They noticed my limp, and offered me a ride to class. I do not believe it to be a coincidence, but rather an answer to prayer. It's in those little moments that God's grace abounds and shows me just how much He loves me.

In His grace,
Kristy

1 comment: