Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My Cup Runneth Over...

"The LORD is my Shepherd.
I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul.
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His Names' sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil.
For Thou Art with me.
Thy rod and Thy staff, they comfort me.
Thou anointest my head with oil, my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever."
Psalm 23

I'm not sure how to express what's on my heart. The Psalm says it all. It's praise to God for Who He is. He's been all these things for me in the past year, and He continues to be these things. He remains.

I could tell story after story after struggle after rejoicing about God and how He is sooo good. But, I'll refrain from that and simply say that my life is completely fulfilled right now. By the world's standards I shouldn't be: I don't have a boyfriend, I don't have much money, I'm not moving up the ladder to high class, etc. But, by God's standards, I'm blessed beyond measure. God fulfills me through my relationship with Him. He blesses me with my loving family, numerous true friends, good health, everything materially I need, and an eternal purpose in life. What more could a girl ask for?

So, as the Psalm says, I say, "My cup runneth over."

In His grace,
Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment