Friday, April 29, 2011

Pondering on Psalms...

I love the Psalms. Lately I've been reading them a lot. God has been teaching me a lot from them too. There's no doubt in my mind that God's Word is living and active because it is alive in my life. Here are a few things on my heart:

Psalm 37:23 "If the LORD delights in a man's way, He makes his steps firm; though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with His hand."

Psalm 40:1-2, 4 "I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand...Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods."

Psalm 63:1,6-7 "O God, You are my God, earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for you in a dry and weary land where there is no water...because You are my help, I sing in the shadow of Your wings."

Oh, there's so much I could say, but here are just a few things.

1. Surrender. He says He set my feet on a Rock and gives me a firm place to stand. BUT, it takes from me surrender of my will for his. Oh, to live in total abandonment to Christ! God, help me.
2. Trust. Not only do I have confidence in a solid Rock to stand on, I also have to trust that He will hold me up IF I DELIGHT IN HIM. To reach up and take someone's hand is not only a wonderful sign of surrender, but also trust. Am I that trusting of God to just let go of my will and hold on to His?
3. Wait. I have to trust enough to wait for Him to work. I know His promises. I've surrendered to Him. Now, I wait with great expectancy for Him to work in me. He hears me.
4. Sing. When I finally trust, surrender, and wait for the God Who hears me and have the confidence He is there for me, my soul will know to do nothing else but sing. Because He is my help, because He is my shelter, my Rock, my Strength, my Support, I will sing and praise Him. Always.

Anyway, that's just a glimpse of my pondering on Psalms. I hope it encourages someone.

PS: Later on in the week after I wrote this, God showed me a new verse in Jeremiah 17. I actually love verses 5-18, but especially verses 7-8...

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in Him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream..."
Jeremiah 17:7-8

Grace and peace to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment