Saturday, May 12, 2012

Beautiful Change

Change? It's like a river. It's continuously flowing, yet never predictable. It's necessary for life, but not always liked. It twists and turns and transforms life, but not without pressing through the rocks, stones, and walls we built in an effort to remain the same.

I have been struggling with change lately. My sister moved to China. Another school year (my junior year of college) came to a finish. My grandparents, well, they're getting really old. People I grew up with are gradually getting married...and starting families. All the world around me is changing and I'm okay with that. Yet, here I am wrestling to remain the same. Or, am I struggling through change?

I have dreams, yet if I don't change, how ever will those dreams be fulfilled? Even deeper, if I don't allow God to work in me and change me, how then, will I allow Him to fulfill my dreams? I need to change. I know I do, but it hurts. I mean, the old way of life was working just fine, wasn't it? I certainly did like always having my sister around to live life with and my Grammie in her right mind to guide me in grace. I'd give anything to have those days back. But, is that what I really need?

The answer is, "No." I don't need my sister. I don't need my Grammie. I need God. Period. While circumstances and situations all around me change, my God remains the same. He's the only One Who does not need to change because He's the only Being that's perfect. And that's the root of the issue. I'm not perfect, thus, even when it hurts, I MUST allow Him to change me. God will only change me for the better. I just have to give up all control and trust Him. I'm so thankful He's patient.

I know I may sound skeptical about it, but deep down, I know change is good and that I need it. The lyrics of the following song done by Gungor have been on my heart lately:

BEAUTIFUL THINGS
All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new
You are making me new




No comments:

Post a Comment