This week my faith has grown tremendously. I've had some faith growing pains. I'm serious--pains have grown my faith. I have several friends who are going through indescribably difficult things right now. Because of knowing them, praying for them, and hurting with them, I have grown.
A friend of mine said something last week (Thursday) about how you never know what God will teach you from knowing someone. It's true. God is teaching me so many things through other people at the moment.
Anyway, through difficult times with friends and through my questioning of things, I have been reminded that forever, everything points back to God and His faithfulness in grace, which points me back to Christ, which brings Himself glory. Here are the words that poured out tonight:
Because God is faithful, He gives me grace,
Which allows me to have faith.
Then, through my pain, my faith remains
Because of His grace overflowing.
When I'm in pain, my faith will grow.
But only because of Him, I know.
When God allows the rain to flow,
It's simply because it's time to grow.
But in His grace I'm never alone,
And through the pain, His faithfulness is shown
And my faith is grown
Because of His grace overflowing.
When I am struggling and have no peace,
I find I can rest in the shadow of His wings.
To still waters, He leadeth me.
He calms my spirit and cares for me as His sheep.
And when the storm around me rages
He shows me He's the Rock of Ages.
In my distress, He gives me relief.
Soon I find I sleep in peace
Because of His grace overflowing.
It's not by anything I have done
That to this point I have come.
Because of my sin and shame,
God was caused much pain.
But In His pain, He remained the same:
Forever faithful and filled with grace.
He sent His Son, Jesus Christ
To die in my place and give me Life
Because of His grace overflowing.
But, because of He Who died alone,
I never have to be alone.
Because He suffered pain,
He, understands my human pain
And faithfully remains.
In the end, His glory is shone, not my own
Because in me is faith, growth, peace, and Life
That comes from Christ alone
And His grace overflowing.
-KLR
(Supporting texts--the whole Bible. Specifically, Psalm 23, Psalm 4, Lamentations 3:26ish+, Romans 8.)
No comments:
Post a Comment